Welcome to Hillside Elementary!
Mrs. Mary Fitzgerald
Hillside School is home to 327 students in Grades Pre-K-4, and 50 staff members each school day.
In an effort to educate the "whole child," our staff has developed new techniques in meeting the special instructional needs of all students while building student self esteem. Pupil motivation, enrichment and appreciation of all cultures and the development of the full potential of critical thinking are areas of concentration for our staff members.
At the Hillside School, in addition to educational programming, emphasis is placed on social growth through community involvement and commitment. Some of the worthwhile projects included, collecting food for a local food bank and Toys for Tots, and contributing to the Ronald McDonald House.
- Elementary School Assignment Letters will be sent home via e-mail on Friday, August 28. If you do not receive your child's letter, please call your school office.
- Hello Day for incoming 5th-graders at Hartford School will take place on Tuesday, September 1. Details were provided in assignment letters.
- Bus passes went out last week, so you should be set. If not, please call our Transportation Office at 856-778-6905.
- Student user names and passwords: We've had a few calls about this. All student user names and passwords continue from year to year, so students should continue to use the same user name and password as last year to access their Google accounts. EXCEPT, that the passwords of all fifth-graders will be changed. Fifth-grade students will get their new passwords on the first day of school.
- The LunchTime Portal will open on Monday, August 31. Parents may begin making deposits into their child's lunch account at that time.
Transportation Reminder: If your child will be picked-up or dropped off at a location other than your home, make sure you complete a Day Care-Babysitting Bus Stop Request Form by August 28. Those requests submitted after August 28 will not be honored for the first two weeks of school. Requests received after August 28 will not go into effect until September 15.
- Harrington House Announcement e-mail was sent on August 17.
- Hartford Team Assignment e-mail was sent on August 24. Fifth-Graders: You'll need this to know which Hartford Hello Day session to attend on September 1.
- All Elementary e-mails were sent on August 28.
Don’t wait until the end of summer to register new students! Classes are formed and bus routes developed throughout the summer. Late registrations impact class sizes and may result in transportation delays for your child.
Registering Your Child
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone - 856-231-5899
Dr. Sharon Vitella
Dr. Sharon Vitella has been named Interim Superintendent of Schools in the wake of Dr. Antoinette Rath's retirement, effective September 1. Dr. Vitella holds a Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Master of Science from Gwynedd-Mercy College. She also holds a Master of Arts Degree from The College of New Jersey, and has extensive experience in professional and curriculum development. Dr. Vitella has served the district since 2007, and will continue to oversee Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as Interim Superintendent. She will serve as Interim until a permanent replacement is named and seated.
Grades 1-4: 9 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Kindergarten A.M.: 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Kindergarten P.M.: 12:55 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Early dismissal grades 1-4: 1 p.m.
* On half-days, P.M. Kindergarten begins at 10:30 a.m. and dismisses at 1 p.m.
Hillside School's Anti-Bullying Specialist is Brenda Betley, 1370 Hainesport-Mount Laurel Road, 856-235-1341