Welcome to Hillside Elementary!
Mrs. Mary Fitzgerald
Hillside School is home to 327 students in Grades Pre-K-4, and 50 staff members each school day.
In an effort to educate the "whole child," our staff has developed new techniques in meeting the special instructional needs of all students while building student self esteem. Pupil motivation, enrichment and appreciation of all cultures and the development of the full potential of critical thinking are areas of concentration for our staff members.
At the Hillside School, in addition to educational programming, emphasis is placed on social growth through community involvement and commitment. Some of the worthwhile projects included, collecting food for a local food bank and Toys for Tots, and contributing to the Ronald McDonald House.
- All School Assignment Letters have been sent home via e-mail. If you did not receive your child's letter, please call your school office.
- Student Schedules will be distributed on the first day of school at Hartford and Harrington. The Power School Parent Portal will open on the same day so that parents may access student records.
- Bus passes went out last week, so you should be set. If not, please call our Transportation Office at 856-778-6905.
- Student user names and passwords: We've had a few calls about this. All student user names and passwords continue from year to year, so students should continue to use the same user name and password as last year to access their Google accounts. EXCEPT, that the passwords of all fifth-graders will be changed. Fifth-grade students will get their new passwords on the first day of school.
- The LunchTime Portal is now open. Parents may begin making deposits into their child's lunch account at any time.
Registering Your Child
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone - 856-231-5899
Dr. Sharon Vitella
Dr. Sharon Vitella has been named Interim Superintendent of Schools in the wake of Dr. Antoinette Rath's retirement, effective September 1. Dr. Vitella holds a Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Master of Science from Gwynedd-Mercy College. She also holds a Master of Arts Degree from The College of New Jersey, and has extensive experience in professional and curriculum development. Dr. Vitella has served the district since 2007, and will continue to oversee Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as Interim Superintendent. She will serve as Interim until a permanent replacement is named and seated.
Grades 1-4: 9 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Kindergarten A.M.: 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Kindergarten P.M.: 12:55 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Early dismissal grades 1-4: 1 p.m.
* On half-days, P.M. Kindergarten begins at 10:30 a.m. and dismisses at 1 p.m.
Hillside School's Anti-Bullying Specialist is Brenda Betley, 1370 Hainesport-Mount Laurel Road, 856-235-1341